Thanks to Cycling UK’s Big Bike Revival programme Dr Bike will be delivering ‘clinics’ in May across Linskill and Battle Hill centres, using the services of Velotech mechanics and just in time for the nicer weather. After a comprehensive check, Dr Bike will complete minor repairs to ensure the cycle is safe and roadworthy.
A typical Dr Bike health check may include some of the following cycle replacements and checks:
• Brakes – Calliper and cable adjustment, cable, and pad replacement,
• Gears – Indexing, adjustment, and cable replacement,
• Chain – Check for wear, lubricate if necessary,
• Tyres – Puncture repair/tube replacement, inflated to recommended pressure (PSI),
• Other – Check all nuts and bolts are correctly torqued; Check headset and bottom bracket; Check and replace missing bar plugs / cable end caps.
*To be Covid-secure spaces are limited and booking is essential – please click on the link for the date and site you wish to book: